German cuisine is one of the amazing and widely sought after across the globe. That is not far-fetched as several delicious dishes are rich in nutrients, easy to make, and healthy. If you are thinking of moving to Germany and worried that you might not enjoy the food there, you may want to consider this recipe and explore it a bit. The reason being that there are tons of foods with which you can explore and experiment.
You may also consider reading up about different foods and food companies on de.collected.reviews. This platform is a review platform that sheds lighter and gives more information about the various German foods you may want to try.
You may also read about CeBiol to help you learn more about this particular meal. That will also enlighten you about getting adequately integrated with the German food culture and how best to enjoy different German food recipes.
This article will help you learn more about a famous German food recipe that is relatively easy to make. This food is the popular Wurst. Get on board now as we explore the rich German food culture with our taste buds.
Wurst is a popular food in Germany. It is also one of the most delicious and easy to make foods. It is what we call the sausage. It comes in different varieties and recipes. However, that is not a problem since you get to explore the various types and recipes.
One of the most popular varieties of Wurst is the Bratwurst. This variety gets made with either a fried or boiled method with beef, veal, or pork. Another variety is the Wiener (Viennese), which is usually smoked and later cooked. There are also blood sausages which are the Schwarzwurst and Blutwurst.
Some varieties are peculiar to regions. These include the Berlin’s Currywurst, which gets eaten with curried ketchup and Bavaria’s Weisswurst, a white sausage that you need to peel before eating with sweet Mustard. Also, there is the local Rostbratwurst which is shared amongst the Thuringian citizens. This variety contains special spices such as caraway and marjoram.
The particular variety we will centre on is the famous German Bratwurst. As mentioned above, this specific variety is one of the common and easy to make wurst varieties. The word “Brat” means “chopped.” Usually, the Bratwurst is first poached and then grilled or pan-fried. You can serve the Bratwurst with Sauerkraut, French fries, Mustard, or Potato salad.
How to Make Bratwurst
Here is how to make a delicious and authentic Bratwurst with the original and delectable taste: –
- Dice the pork or meat and fat. Then, freeze for about 45 minutes.
- Combine the mixture with the ice and grind through a ¼ inch die.
- Ensure that the meat stays relaxed and chilled. Therefore, put the meat in the refrigerator while setting the spice mixture.
- Combine all the spices needed in a small bowl.
- Put out the ground meat and place it on the stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Put in the spice and dry milk powder.
- Check if the meat is ready by taking a clump of meat and pulling it apart with your fingers. Add ice water if the meat is too dry and stiff.
- When the meat is soft and in the smooth mixture, taste the sausage mixture to adjust seasoning.
- Return the meat mixture inside the refrigerator while you get on with the casings.
- Thread the sausage stuffer with the hog casings, fill it up with the meat mixture, and stuff the casings.
- Use a sausage picker to prick air bubbles out while twisting the sausage into links.
- Chill the sausage overnight. Gently poach the mixture with salt water and then grill or fry the sausage.